The Black American Engineering Scholarship Award provides opportunities to underrepresented students in the field of engineering through scholarship funds and mentorship.
To apply, students must be:
- Black American
- Incoming college freshman/current high school senior, or a student transferring from a two-year program into a four-year program.
- Eligible for Federal Pell Grant funding. For more information regarding eligibility, visit the FAFSA4caster and StudentAid.gov.
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing
- Enrolling in an accredited, not-for-profit four-year institution
- Pursuing a degree in civil, electrical, mechanical, or chemical engineering, including any subfield of those disciplines
What you’ll need:
- Current HS or Two-Year College Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation. They must be from 1) a science teacher and 2) a math teacher
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from your FAFSA documentation.